Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Winter Wonderland

This has been one of my favorite things during the winter as Christmas approaches, even more so now that I am pregnant. As you have read, I am trying to avoid chemicals as much as I can, but I just love my house smelling of cinnamon and Christmas -so here's my solution for a chemical free, all natural smell that will fill your house and make guests think you spent all day baking.

Here's what you'll need:
1/2 orange cut into slices
2 cups of water
5 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp of ginger
2 cinnamon sticks
3 star anise


Combine everything into a small pot and turn the stove on low. Mix it every 30 minutes or so and leave it on for as long as you'd like.



I generally have it on one hour before guests come or one to two hours in the morning to get the house smelling nice. I re-use these ingredients for about 4 days just adding more water when it gets low -do not let the water run out! After about 4 days the oranges have really disolved and you will need to make a fresh batch.

I have gotten so many compliments on the smell of our house from this trick and it is completely safe for asthmatics, children, elderly and pregnant women to inhale.

Let me know if you try it, and if you put any other things in that I am missing out on! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment